Natural Disaster

Spring break plans as of last night: Spend ten days in Santiago, Chile!
Spring break plans as of now: get to South America.

I have a plane ticket to arrive in Santiago, Chile the morning of Mar. 3, 2010 and who knows if the airport will even be open by then? Massive earthquake, not so great.
It will be interesting to see how things play out and where I end up, because at this point everything is really up in the air.
It's going to be hard to make a decision as to whether or not I should change my ticket to arrive in Argentina or somewhere else until the airport in Santiago makes an official announcement about opening their runways to commercial flights again. They have made no official statements thus far.
I love these little challenges that traveling likes to throw my way. I think this one will work out ok though, as long as I end up somewhere south of the Equator.
I promised to write about the ups AND downs of traveling, no?

UPDATE: Will be arriving in Buenos Aires the morning of Friday, March 5, for a week of fun in Argentina! I would much rather be somewhere safe than in a city full of blackouts, lootings, and collapsed highways (no offense Chile).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scopolamine: AKA Fairy Dust or Zombie Drug

A White Girl in Hong Kong