On the Road

When I think about all the money I have spent on traveling and how financially unstable I am and how I can't seem to get my shit together and stop living paycheck to paycheck, I always end up wondering if it's worth it. What is the palpable value of my travels?

Each time I return from a trip, I feel a little stronger. I feel the experiences I had within me, even though there is no physical proof of what I have been through except for blisters on my heels. These experiences give me enthusiasm for what lies ahead, and they don't abandon me or dissipate into the past. Instead, they build up inside of me and I carry them around like familiar friends I can fall back on in times of need.

The money that could have been building up in my bank account becomes some sort of personal scaffolding, supporting me and comforting me in the form of memories, exploits, interactions with people, and a handful of photos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scopolamine: AKA Fairy Dust or Zombie Drug

A White Girl in Hong Kong