Quito's El Maple Vegetarian Restaurant

I went out with some girl friends today to try one of the most famous vegetarian restaurants in Ecuador. El Maple is located in La Mariscal, the international neighborhood with tons of bars, shopping, nightclubs, and restaurants. I was pretty disappointed I never got around to eating at El Maple last year, so I was glad to remedy that today!

Joaquin Pinto St. in La Mariscal

I found my name on the walk to El Maple!

The restaurant was suppppeeerrr cute. It is in an old house with a garden out back and plant covered patio out front. We chose to sit inside because it was a little chilly out.

My friend Shannan outside the restaurant

The pretty entrance to the restaurant

The menu has a ton of options, but they also have a set lunch. For 4.99, you get juice, an appetizer, soup, a main course, and dessert. We each ordered the set lunch menu, but also wanted to try out the samosas as well so we split an order of those on the side. What a feast!

Laura trying to choose what to order from a menu of winners

 Toasting tofu/mushroom ceviche

Sweet samosas- this was my favorite part of the meal

Chocho soup with avocado

 The main course, which we sadly were probably too full to really enjoy


I think if you visit Quito and you find yourself in La Mariscal, you should definitely pay a visit to El Maple. I know I will be a frequent customer from now on.


The lunch menu posted outside

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scopolamine: AKA Fairy Dust or Zombie Drug

A White Girl in Hong Kong