Where to Next?

In the international teaching circuit, most hiring for the upcoming school year gets done between December-February. I am starting the process of contacting schools and narrowing down my choices. Ultimately, it comes down to where I get an offer, but hopefully I will have some say.

Money is sort of irrelevant for me, I'm used to living paycheck to paycheck and I don't need fancy things. This time around, I want somewhere where I feel safe, somewhere with a happening nightlife and cool cultural events. Street side cafes and pedestrian walkways, tattoo parlors and comic book stores, consistent public transportation. So, readers, where do you think I should go to next?
  • Tel Aviv, Israel
  • Seoul, South Korea
  • Hong Kong
  • Zurich, Switzerland
  • Singapore
  • Belgrade, Serbia
  • Bogota, Colombia
  • Santiago, Chile
  • Tokyo, Japan
  • Istanbul, Turkey
  • Moscow, Russia
  • Utrecht, Netherlands
  • Sofia, Bulgaria
  • Bangkok, Thailand
  • Budapest, Hungary
  • Beirut, Lebanon
  • Saigon, Vietnam
  • Krakow, Poland
  • Vienna, Austria

Comments

  1. hahahaha thanks Mom, glad to know I've got my parents' support no matter where I go... but especially if I end up in Tokyo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm from Guayaquil. and I've been reading your blog for a while and it is cool, you are doing exactly what i would love to do. I just wanna say you that when I have read it sometimes I feel sad and shame, cause Ecuador is a really nice country but a lot of people take advantage specially from foreigners, and given some of your post some people have been no so nice with you. And I have to say sorry not all of us are like that. I hope the time you have still around here will be much better. Also wanna say thank you 'cause even you have passed not cool times you always try to highlight the good things you could experience. Good luck in your next adventure, and 4 a place I would say Vienna :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Scopolamine: AKA Fairy Dust or Zombie Drug

A White Girl in Hong Kong