My Last Performance in Quito

Last weekend was my very last presentation with the Damiana Levy Dance Studio in Quito. I only have 6 weeks left here and many things are coming to an end, but leaving my dance team is going to be one of the hardest things to do.

My group and I backstage before the show

Noemi and I in our stage make up

Rehearsal before the show

Rehearsal before the show

Rehearsal before the show

Rehearsal before the show

Rehearsal before the show

Rehearsal before the show

I performed two numbers this time around. The first was Bahaya- a fun, poppy, traditional middle eastern dance. Lots of shimmies and hip bumps. This one was a ton of fun and put a huge smile on my face the whole time I danced it.

Bahaya on stage


Bahaya on stage

Bahaya on stage


Bahaya on stage


Bahaya costumes backstage!

The second dance was a Samay- a traditional oriental dance that actually has a centuries old history. My boyfriend recorded the video below, which is why it is zoomed in on me in the beginning. Enjoy!



Hanging around in our Samay costumes backstage

Hanging around in our Samay costumes backstage

Dancing Samay onstage


Dancing Samay onstage

Also, if you want to spend 5 minutes of your time watching a professional belly dancer, check out the owner of my studio, Damiana, below. This was her solo from the presentation and all of my friends who were in the audience said it was incredible to watch live!


Here are a couple random photos from backstage. I feel so grateful for having stumbled across this wonderful community through facebook two years ago. Sometimes it has been hard to call Quito home, but at Damiana Levy Dance Studio I was always one of the family.

Dami on her headset backstage

Noemi hanging out in the wings

Some of the dancers backstage waiting for their entrance!

Las quiero chicas, y gracias por todo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scopolamine: AKA Fairy Dust or Zombie Drug

A White Girl in Hong Kong