Finding Peace in Hong Kong

Amidst all the hustle and bustle of the city, it's important to find small grounding moments of peace and serenity. I've been noticing a tranquil beauty here lately that I really appreciate. Hong Kong can be wild, but it can also provide small moments of calm, when everything seems to slow down and fall into place.

Indulging in a quiet morning curled up on my windowsill

I find these little grace notes all over the place. Maybe it's a Sunday afternoon and I decide to spend it in the library, taking in the scent of old books and the sound of whispering and pages turning. Maybe it's a Saturday morning and I throw open the windows and lay on my windowsill and read comic books all day. Maybe it's a bacon sandwich in the gardens near my house. Or the flowers in bloom in front of my local bakery. Or a day at the beach with my friends, basking in the sunshine.

How beautiful is the old architecture in Hong Kong?

One of my favorite places in the city 

I really do love this city. So much so that it's now been immortalized on my body. When I think ahead, it makes me sad to know that the only reason I am going to leave this place ultimately is because it is so damn far from my family. After an Art Basel weekend frolicking around art galleries and second hand shops with my friends, I can't imagine being anywhere else.

My newest tattoo- the Hong Kong skyline

When I left Ecuador, I felt like I had no control over my life, and I didn't really care what happened to me. It seems to me now that I was lucky; I sort of left everything up to fate, and then fate caught me and set me down exactly where I needed to be.

Comments

  1. LOVE! I'm so glad HK has helped ground you. I empathize completely with the quiet moments of serenity among the madness--they were so sublime and important to me, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Scopolamine: AKA Fairy Dust or Zombie Drug

A White Girl in Hong Kong