Eating My Way Across America

This summer, I am working my way up from Florida to Chicago with some stops in between. I am making some great memories with loved ones, but there have also been some awesome food moments along the way that I wanted to share with my blog audience.

Southern feast at Luptons in Tampa, Florida
Collard greens, okra, and fried chicken

Garlic blue crab clusters at Pinchers, Cape Coral
Literally my favorite food on Earth

Key lime pie, a typical Florida desert
Veranda in downtown Fort Myers

Shrimp and grits at Crave Diner, Fort Myers
Typical southern breakfast food

Skyline Chili in Cincinnati, Ohio
That's spaghetti, chili, cheese, onions, and oyster crackers

Pretty much all of these meals are TERRIBLE for you, smothered in butter, beer, lard, or cheese, and I have been constantly reminded of why 35% of adults in the US are obese. I have been running two miles every other day to try to counterbalance all the shit I have been putting into my body this summer. No regrets! Every bite has been delicious and comforting. 

Feeling fierce after a run

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scopolamine: AKA Fairy Dust or Zombie Drug

A White Girl in Hong Kong