Summer Fashion Is Upon Us!

Spring is melting into summer here in Hong Kong, and that called for a deep cleaning of my wardrobe as well as a transition to some fun new summer clothes!

If you live in Hong Kong, you’ve got to check out ZALORA, an online store with free delivery for any order over 150 HKD. I’ve talked about them before, and just love perusing all their funky tanks and quirky little flats. The boutique Sugarpop has a line of cute, feminine dresses on ZALORA right now that I would love to get my hands on!

Out for birthday drinks with some girlfriends 
wearing my favorite sheer ZALORA top


Of course, Hong Kongers also have to take advantage of our tropical setting. When I was back in the US for spring break I picked up some new bathing suits for those impending junk trips and beach days.

My favorite one piece from ModCloth-
Looks great with jean shorts and works 
as a Minnie Mouse costume in a pinch!

Fun new ASOS bikini

Another option is to throw a frock swap. I got together with some girlfriends a few weekends ago, and we each brought a bag of clothes and a brunch item. We dug through each other’s secondhand clothes whilst sipping on some strawberry mint juleps and everyone went home with a couple of cute new outfits. The leftovers were donated to Friends of the Earth, a local Hong Kong charity with environmentally friendly initiatives. One lady’s trash is another lady’s treasure, am I right?

Everyone's favorite item at the frock swap

It’s that time of year when I break a sweat just walking to my bus stop, so I’ve chosen to embrace it and dress for the occasion. Lots of flouncy sundresses, miniskirts, and strappy sandals can make the summer heat more bearable, and turn some heads along the way as well ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scopolamine: AKA Fairy Dust or Zombie Drug

A White Girl in Hong Kong